An easy way to buy Cardano (ADA) cryptocurrency is via Coinbase and Binance.
- Sign up for Coinbase and buy Bitcoin.
- Sign up for Binance.
- Send your Bitcoin from Coinbase to Binance.
- On Binance, exchange your Bitcoin for ADA.
Step by Step
1. Sign up for Coinbase
- Go to Coinbase and sign up. You’ll need to verify your email, phone number, and bank account.
- Then, go to Coinbase.com/buy. After choosing your payment source and how much you want to buy, click Buy Bitcoin.
2. Sign up for Binance
- Go to Binance and sign up for an account.
- Verify your email.
3. Send Bitcoin from Coinbase to Binance
- Log in to your Binance account.
- On the top of the screen, hover over Funds and click Deposits.
- On the next page, click the Select Deposits Coin drop-down. Type BTC and select BTC-Bitcoin once it appears.
- Your BTC Deposit Address will now appear. Click the Copy Address button (or copy it manually).
- Now, go to Coinbase.com/accounts and click “Send” under your Bitcoin wallet.
- Paste your BTC Deposit Address (which you just copied from Binance) in the Enter a BTC Address field.
- Enter your desired send amount, and press Continue to send your Bitcoin to Binance.
- To see whether this transaction has completed, go to Binance Transaction History. It can take 1–3 minutes for the transaction to appear, and 10–30 minutes for it to be fully confirmed.
4. On Binance, exchange your Bitcoin for ADA
- Go to Binance’s BTC–ADA exchange: www.binance.com/trade.html?symbol=ADA_BTC (P.S. This page may look complicated. Hang in there!)
- In the middle of the page you will see a chart. Just below the chart, there is an interface (below). If Limit is selected, then click Market.
- After the Market tab is selected, click 100% (this means “convert all of the Bitcoin in my Binance account into ADA”).
- If you don't want to spend all of the Bitcoin in your account, you can select a different percentage or manually enter how much Cardano (ADA) you'd like to buy.
- Then click Buy ADA.
- To view your newly purchased Cardano, go back to the Balances page on Binance.
Bonus: Check Cardano's Price
- I recently launched marketcap.guide to simplity checking top crypto prices.
- Check the Cardano info page here: marketcap.guide/ada (or use the shortcut url cardano.guide)
- This includes:
- Live ADA price
- All time ADA price history
- Posts from the Cardano subreddit
- Recent Cardano news
- Search interest (right now at the all-time-high, as of February 13, 2021)
- Top Tweets (coming soon)
Cardano price (screenshot taken Feb 13, 2021)
Best of luck in all of your cryptocurrency pursuits!